IT Project Planning
With the Exigen EbIT planning technology, companies are able to reduce the effort of creating requirements, specifications and designs.
Discovering and correcting errors late in the development cycle is one of the key sources of budget overruns and failure to realize benefits.
The Exigen EbIT Knowledge Management Suite goes beyond the traditional method of relying on document management systems for collating requirements, specifications, and configurations. It supports the management of the entire planning process by exception, utilizing the latest in semantic knowledge management standards and search techniques - linking concepts and ideas through their meaning.
Regardless of the development methodology used, such as Agile or Waterfall, the Exigen EbIT Knowledge Management Suite can reduce the duration and lower the incidence of costly errors and omissions during testing and operations. The technology automatically checks for ideas and concepts that exist in requirements, but have not been included in the specification and design documents, and vice versa.
In addition, as further componentized projects are added to the knowledge base, organizations develop a valuable resource of business process and design artifacts for re-use, minimizing the investment in subsequent initiatives.
Exigen EbIT Knowledge Management (EKM)
Exigen EbIT Knowledge Management (EKM) technology facilitates improvements in the economic outcome of high risk, complex transformation and replacement initiatives, using structured knowledge gathering, codification and management techniques.
EKM combines patented technologies with open source tools and applies standard formats, such as OWL, RDF and XML, as well as RESTful web services, WSLD, SOAP, and UDDI, enabling:
- A consistent, computer-aided approach to knowledge management
- Acquisition, development, and maintenance of a centralized knowledge management base
- Fast, enterprise-wide, web-based access to information
Project Quality Management
Clients use this Web-based platform to store requirements, define specifications and design solutions for business process initiatives. Throughout the project lifecycle, clients rely on this project data and use Project Quality Management to:
- Objectively evaluate project status and performance - through automatically assessed project artifact content and statistics
- Reduce implementation risks and costs - through computer-assisted validation of project artifacts for consistency, and early error detection and correction
- Improve quality and consistency of deliverables over time - through the evolution of domain expertise in machine readable format and the enterprise-wide re-use and sharing of knowledge
Project teams use this collaborative, Web-based product to shorten the duration of IT project planning phases while improving the accuracy and completeness. As a result, the corrections required during testing and operations are fewer and less costly. With Quality Monitor, clients are able to:
- Reduce the effort of defining terms and processes for requirements, specifications, and design artifacts - using pre-seeded domain models
- Identify errors and omissions early - using semantic analysis of document artifacts to manage by exception
- Use the web for skill-based issue routing
- Obtain meaningful measures of project performance management statistics, including interfacing to Exigen EbIT's BVA Performance Management for value weighted feature prioritization
This product equips clients for increasing the likelihood of achieving the targeted economic value of legacy replacements. Using semantic analysis to compare existing legacy system capabilities to modern system requirements, Content Analyzer produces documented transformation activities and artifacts as well as an estimation of the effort. Clients are able to:
- Reduce the planning effort with existing industry-specific process content
- Reduce the incidence of costly errors and omissions during testing and operation by using automatic detection during the planning
- Shorten the planning stage by generating machine-readable documentation for the application replacement
Clients use this Web-based product to effectively manage the high risk of cost overruns and complex architecture associated with their large scale initiatives. An industry-specific knowledge base provides supplemental internal domain knowledge. Clients are able to reduce the planning effort of future IT projects when they continuously use the Knowledge Repository to:
- Build and maintain valuable, re-usable knowledge resources
- Seed knowledge prior to building internally-generated databases
To learn more about how the Exigen EbIT technology can make your IT Project planning more efficient and cost-effective, Contact Us.